Today SMART Visa is ready for registerMedia Team
The SMART Visa is a new visa category issued to foreigners working or investing in technology-based production activities and services as well as in the 10 targeted (S-Curve) industries: namely next-generation automotive; smart electronics; affluent medical and wellness tourism; agricultural and biotechnology; food for the future; automation and robotics; aerospace; biofuels and biochemical; digital economy and medical hub.
the SMART Visa comprises four categories:
1) Talents in science and technology;
4) Startup entrepreneurs.
Applicants will need to have the qualifications required according to pre-set criteria and be endorsed by the designated government agencies such as the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), the National Innovation Agency (Public Organization) and the Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA).
The SMART Visa holders will receive a number of special benefits.
- The visa validity period is up to four years and on a renewable basis.
- SMART visa holders will be waived from a work permit requirement.
- They can report to the Immigration Department on a yearly basis instead of every 90 days as at present.
- They can depart from and re-enter into the country without applying for re-entry permits. In addition, SMART Visa holders’ family members will also enjoy similar benefits.
Please check the eligibility and application process in below infographic. ( Source from BOI website and Facebook )