Frequently asked questions;

Students who are holding a NON-Immigrant ED-Visa not allowed to work in Thailand.

Your children can get a non-immigrant “O” visa (dependent visa) for free if you are staying on an “ED” visa.

Your spouse cannot apply for a dependent visa if you are staying on an “ED” visa. They must apply for their visa separately.

Afghanistan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Cote d’Ivore, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Palestine, Sap Tome and Principe, Seychelles, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Vietnam, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cape Verde, Chad, Congo, Cuba, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Nepal, North Korea, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, Angola, Benin, Cambodia, China, Congo DRC, Dijibouti, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Pakistan, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia

Yes, just once. Non-immigrant “ED” visas have to be granted by Thai consulates or embassies outside of Thailand. Also, if you are from some Middle Eastern or African countries you need to return to your home country to apply.

No, our books are free for students learning group or private classes of Thai or English.

Yes, you need to contact Pro Language staff 1 week before you go to immigration and be sure to collect the necessary documents 2-3 days before, then take the documents provided by school to the immigration office.

Applicants from some Middle Eastern and African countries are required to request a criminal record check from their home countries to process an “ED” visa in Thailand. If you are unsure whether this applies to you please enquire at our office.

Normally our group classes are once a week or twice a week, but if a sufficient number of students intend to have an individual class we will set it.

Beginner classes can have up to 14 students but other classes usually have between 5 to 8 students in each class.

You need to extend your permission of stay every 3 months at immigration where we have a member of staff who will assist you. You will need to go a total of 4 times in one year.
You can find directions to immigration here

There are many different types of accommodation easily available in Bangkok. Prices vary depending on whether you wish to rent an apartment or a privately owned condominium but they start at around 6000 Baht per month.

Yes, you can change to any class as long as it is the right level for you.

We use a fixed phonetic alphabet throughout our course books. We believe it is the best system for those learning Thai for the first time but we also have the Thai alphabet in every book right from the star of the course. Once you learn to read Thai you can stop using the phonetic script.

You can leave the country at any time after obtaining your ED visa but you must first apply for a re-entry permit (1,000 baht) at immigration in Bangkok or at the immigration desk in the airport before leaving Thailand. If you do not have a re-entry permit you will lose your non-immigrant “ED” visa when you exit Thailand.

Non-immigrant ED visas are only available for students who enroll on a full course and are valid for one year. However, when in Thailand your extension of stay will be granted for periods of 90 days. If after 90 days or 180 days you will be leaving the country this is no problem.

All foreigners who are permitted to stay in kingdom of Thailand must notify their place of residence to immigration office every 90 days. if you skip this process immigration will charge you 2,000 THB.

In the unlikely event that your application for an ED visa is refused by the MOE, your deposit will be refunded in full.

Group courses in Bangkok : Thai (35,000 THB = 400 lessons) and for English (45,000 THB = 400 Hours)

The minimum private course for Thai is: 20 lessons = 11,300 THB for 1 Student but if more than one student enrolls together the price would be: 20 lesson = 7,000 THB per person (2 Students) or 30 lessons= 4,500 THB per person (5 to 8 students). If there are more than 8 people in your group please contact our office.

We have a number of Thai classes running at any one time. Classes are twice a week during the week or once a week on weekends. Normally we starting a new group class at the beginning of every month. The best thing to do is to ask at our Times Square branch or via email.

Assuming the Ministry of Education approves your request to study in Thailand, it is very unlikely that you will not be given a non-immigrant “ED” visa. However, in the unlikely event that the Ministry does not approve your request you will be given a full refund.

You can find contact information of Thai embassies/consulates around the world from link bellow
Thai embassies/ consulates around the world

Pro language has 4 Branches. Two of them are located in Bangkok (Sukhumvit Road and Silom Road), one branch in Pattaya, and one branch in Chiang mai.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *